It started on Friday, when Peyton Hillis was sent home from Berea with an illness, ordered to get some rest and fluids. Apparently, the weekend didn’t do him any favors and he has been ruled out of today’s game against the Miami Dolphins. Hillis arrived at Cleveland Browns Stadium this morning and was seen milling about in shorts and a t-shirt. Adam Schefter reported this morning that he was suffering from strep throat and a fever but the Browns still believed he was going to play, despite his condition being contagious.The Browns will be without their biggest offensive piece today, as running back Peyton Hillis was deactivated with strep throat. Montario Hardesty will make his first NFL start in Hillis’ place against the Miami Dolphins.
Hillis showed up sick Friday at Browns headquarters and was sent home. He was listed as questionable on the injury report, and coach Pat Shurmur expected him to play.Hillis arrived at Cleveland Browns Stadium this morning, but a Plain Dealer photographer saw him get in his car and drive away before 11 a.m.
Hardesty took the repetitions with the first team Friday at practice. He has eight carries this season for 19 yards after missing his entire rookie season following knee surgery.“I definitely think I’m ready to play,” he said. “(I’ll) try to go out there and capitalize on opportunities. (It’s) professional sports, so I gotta always be ready to play and perform. I’m excited to get out there and play some football on Sunday.”Undrafted rookie Armond Smith is the only other active running back.Right tackle Tony Pashos (ankle) heads the other inactives. He warmed up before the game, but the team decided to give him another week before reinserting him in the starting lineup. Artis Hicks will start at right tackle, but likely rotate with Oniel Cousins as they have the first two games.The other Browns inactives are: quarterback Thaddeus Lewis, safety Eric Hagg (knee), linebacker Titus Brown (ankle), offensive lineman Steve Vallos and tight end Jordan Cameron.Hagg returned to practice Friday for the first time since having arthroscopic knee surgery in August.The Dolphins (0-2) will be without starting cornerback Vontae Davis (hamstring), who will be replaced by Nolan Carroll, who has struggled the first two weeks.
Hillis showed up sick Friday at Browns headquarters and was sent home. He was listed as questionable on the injury report, and coach Pat Shurmur expected him to play.Hillis arrived at Cleveland Browns Stadium this morning, but a Plain Dealer photographer saw him get in his car and drive away before 11 a.m.
Hardesty took the repetitions with the first team Friday at practice. He has eight carries this season for 19 yards after missing his entire rookie season following knee surgery.“I definitely think I’m ready to play,” he said. “(I’ll) try to go out there and capitalize on opportunities. (It’s) professional sports, so I gotta always be ready to play and perform. I’m excited to get out there and play some football on Sunday.”Undrafted rookie Armond Smith is the only other active running back.Right tackle Tony Pashos (ankle) heads the other inactives. He warmed up before the game, but the team decided to give him another week before reinserting him in the starting lineup. Artis Hicks will start at right tackle, but likely rotate with Oniel Cousins as they have the first two games.The other Browns inactives are: quarterback Thaddeus Lewis, safety Eric Hagg (knee), linebacker Titus Brown (ankle), offensive lineman Steve Vallos and tight end Jordan Cameron.Hagg returned to practice Friday for the first time since having arthroscopic knee surgery in August.The Dolphins (0-2) will be without starting cornerback Vontae Davis (hamstring), who will be replaced by Nolan Carroll, who has struggled the first two weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment